Working for Us
Home Connections Ltd provides services and products that enable design, planning, regeneration, sale and lettings for local authorities, registered housing providers, private developers and landlords. We are London’s leading provider of Choice Based Lettings (CBL) services for social housing organisations and their customers. Our services are presented across a number of channels including web, SMS texting, Digital TV and virtual tours.
Constantly developing innovative solutions with our partners we are a social enterprise with a strong culture of innovation and continuous improvement. We have been providing results-driven solutions to companies and organisations since 2000. We work tirelessly to continually improve services that help our clients to achieve more
Joining Home Connections promises an exciting, rewarding and fulfilling experience. As the Company continues to expand, we regularly have vacancies for staff at all levels who will help to enhance the Company and the products and services we offer. In return for your commitment, Home Connections offers a friendly, flexible working environment as
ICT Project Manager
Salary: £35,000 to £40,0000 depending on experience PLUS (Salary negotiable depending on experience) + Bonus
UK based – in London or Leicestershire region/Midlands
Term: Initially a 1 year position, open to extension, probation of 4 months.
Home Connections is a boutique software services provider that delivers bespoke solutions to the Social Housing sector (which covers Local Authority Housing and Housing Associations). Home Connections is a non-profit housing software provider owned by several local authorities.
Home Connections is looking for experienced project managers with significant project management experience of managing corporate project. Experience of projects delivered for social housing is highly desirable.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
Line Management: Possibly 1-2 project support officers.
Project management for Home Connections software implementation projects which must be delivered to time, quality and cost.
Ensure the delivery of all projects to time, quality and budget and according to Prince2 project management methodology.
Account Management of up to 6 clients
Product development for Home Connections, such as but not limited to:
a) Development of software relating to social housing services - such as housing registers, housing advice, homelessness reduction act, temporary accommodation, supported housing, rents, tenancy management etc. b) Integration to third party products - such as fraud checking software
Management of software development teams/developers as may be required
Provide assistance for marketing and sales activity in relation to tender writing, bid submission and system demonstrations; direct marketing and sales activity in relation to existing accounts
To manage the relationship with the Development Manager to ensure implementation of all deliverables to the required standards of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
To plan, schedule, manage and monitor staff and resources in order to meet project deadlines, including initiating corrective action where required.
To monitor and manage relevant project budgets, and provide financial returns and reports to the project board and funding bodies.
To develop, review and update project plans, and communicate to progress to all key project stakeholders.
To manage authorised changes to project plans and deliverables through a structured change control process
To employ structured techniques and standard methodology to elicit user requirements and to understand business processes.
To produce clearly documented and illustrated requirements specifications for suppliers to work against.
To comply with all reporting requirements from funding agencies.
To seek out and establish relationships with key private or public-sector suppliers and technology partners.
Knowledge / Qualifications:
- Educated to degree or higher level (DESIRABLE for Project Manager)
- High standard of English (ESSENTIAL)
- Specialist knowledge of Social Housing – particularly in Homelessness or Housing Needs/Allocations (ESSENTIAL)
- Knowledge/experience of using Home Connections software systems (HIGHLY DESIRABLE)
- Project Management qualifications in Prince2 or experience in using Prince2 or AGILE or a similar project management methodology (ESSENTIAL)
- Languages – fluency in French, Dutch or German – to contribute to and conduct meetings and written correspondence would be desirable for European projects (OPTIONAL)
Skills / Experience:
- At least 5 years Project Management experience and 2 years’ experience of working in a social housing environment (housing association or local authority) (ESSENTIAL)
- Skills or experience or knowledge of Housing Management systems (for example, but not limited to one from either Civica, IBS, Capita, Aareon, Northgate, MIS, Locata or any other major system provider) (ESSENTIAL)
- Experience of establishing or managing data integration and interface projects across systems
- Experience of configuring/setting up IT applications for users – for instance user profiles, report writers, templates, workflows or similar functions (ESSENTIAL)
- Experience of delivering training and running demos of IT systems for users (ESSENTIAL)
- Experience of capturing and documenting requirements using structured techniques (ESSENTIAL)
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly across all communication channels (written, verbal, presentation, inter-personal) (ESSENTIAL)
- MS OFFICE skills / experience including MS Project (ESSENTIAL). Experience of using JIRA or similar tools (DESIRABLE)
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage a diverse and complex workload (ESSENTIAL)
The post holder may be required to attend evening and weekend meetings and to travel as the job demands with all travel expenses and accommodation paid.
The post holder will be expected to be flexible in relation to working hours and work according to time required to meet project deliverables.
To apply please email Victoria Lockwood via email@example.com